BHEL Tender Notice : for BOS Supply, Erection and Commissioning and Operation and Maintenance for 2MW Rooftop SPV project
Events organised by Consulate General of India, Guangzhou
On the occasion of the 71st Independence Day of India, Consulate will be organizing a flag-hoisting ceremony on Tuesday, 15 August 2017 at 0900 hrs.
Latest information on eVisa facility
Consular camp at Shenzhen to be held on last Saturday of every month
International Day of Yoga
The 2nd International Day of India (IDY) in Southern China was celebrated in five cities jointly organized by the Consulate General of India, Guangzhou with the local Municipality governments and other Yoga Institutes.
Inauguration ceremony of 6th International Battery Conference at Foshan on 17th August, 2017
The Sixth International Battery Conference is being held at Vienna International Hotel, Foshan from 17-18 August, 2017. The Federation of Indian Small Scale Battery Associations has organized participation of Indian companies at the event. Consul General Mr. Y.K. Sailas Thangal attended the Inauguration Ceremony of the event and interacted with Indian companies participating in the Conference.
India @70 : Flag Hoisting Ceremony at India House on 15th August, 2017
Consulate organised a flag hoisting ceremony at India House to mark the 71st Independence Day of India on 15th August, 2017.
India@70: Indian Cultural Night
The Consulate General of India in Guangzhou, in cooperation with the Lecong Indian Community and the Lecong Foreigners Centre, organized a special Indian Cultural night titled “India@70” on the evening of 15 August 2017 to celebrate 70 years of India’s independence. The function was organized at the magnificent Grand Ball Room of Sofitel Hotel Lecong Foshan city and was attended by 350 guests from all walks of life including prominent NRIs/PIOs, prominent Chinese businessmen, foreigners, members of consular corps including Consul General of Nepal from Guangzhou. More than half of the guests were local Chinese.
The cultural programme included Indian classical dance, Bollywood dances and Rajasthani folk dance performed by the Indian and Chinese dancers (Local talents) as well as yoga demonstration by Indian Yoga Guru and his students. A traditional Chinese Music group presented a wonderful piece of instrumental music played on Guzhen ( Chinese string instrument). The Lecong Dance Ensemble rocked the stage and stole the show by presenting latino dances choreographed on Bollywood music and enthralled the audience. The Consulate also produced a short video ‘India@70’ which was screened at the beginning of the cultural night. The video covered various aspects of India’s history, culture and development achievements over the last 70 years.
The Indian cultural night was a befitting start to the Consulate’s celebration of India@70 and was appreciated by one and all. This event was in addition to the traditional flag hoisting ceremony held at the India House in the morning which was attended by over 200 people.
Press Conference to announce 2017 Global Yoga Exchange Conference at Sanya in October 2017
A Press Conference was held on 13 July to announce '2017 Global Yoga Exchange Conference' at Sanya in October 2017.
3rd International Day of Yoga finale event at Guangzhou
Guangzhou hosted the grand finale of the week-long celebrations held to mark the Third International Day of Yoga at an event organized by Consulate General of India, Guangzhou on 25 June, 2017 at Guangzhou Polytechnic of Sports with participation of over 1000 yoga enthusiasts from various nationalities.
The half day event organized by Consulate General of India, Guangzhou in collaboration with Atha Yoga Centre included yoga sessions conducted by 7 Yoga masters (4 Indian and 3 Chinese) based on the Common Yoga Protocol sent by Department of AYUSH, advanced yoga postures show, meditation session, chanting of shlokas and Indian dance and musical performance. People from nearby cities like Shenzhen, Dongguan, Foshan and Zhongshan also joined the celebrations. Some photos of the event are attached.
Earlier this week, Consulate also organized Yoga festivals in Dujiangyan and Kunming with participation of 10 prominent yoga gurus from India besides hosting mega events at Zhongshan, Guangzhou, Foshan and Dongguan in Southern China.
Five Day Yoga Camp organised by Consulate and India-China Yoga College at Kunming
A five day yoga camp was organised by Consulate and India-China Yoga College at Kunming from 21-25 June, 2017.
International Day of Yoga celebrated in Zhongshan
To celebrate the 3rd International Day of Yoga, Zhongshan Amateur Yoga Alliance and Sun Moon Yoga Institute, Zhongshan with the support of Consulate General of India in Guangzhou organized a mega Yoga event on 18th June, 2017 at Lihe Shopping Street, Zhongshan.
The event saw participation of over 800 yoga enthusiasts from different countries. The event, conducted in different sessions, included the asanas prescribed in the Common Yoga Protocol issued by the Government of India, demonstration, talks and workshops on different forms of Yoga and chanting of slokas by prominent yoga gurus based in Guangzhou and Zhongshan.
3rd India-China International Yoga Festival at Dujiangyan
The 3rd India-China International Yoga Festival is being organised at Dujiangyan from 17-21 June, 2017.
Pre-event Press Conference was held on 5 June, 2017 for the forthcoming Third India-China International Yoga Festival to be held at Dujiangyan from 17-21 June, 2017
A pre-event Press Conference was held on 5 June, 2017 at Dujiangyan, Sichuan Province for the forthcoming Third India-China Int'l Yoga Festival to be held from 17-21 June, 2017.
Gems & Jewelry Road Show organized by GJEPC at Panyu on 2 June, 2017
Opening of CERAMICS China Fair
China-India Plastic Industry Networking Seminar on 17 May, 2017 in Guangzhou.
The All India Plastics Manufacturers’ Association (AIPMA) organised participation of 70 Indian companies in the plastics industry to participate in the Chinaplas 2017 exhibition in Guangzhou held from 17th to 19th May 2017. Chinaplas is the largest trade fair of the plastics industry held in China and attracts participation in large numbers from domestic and international companies. AIPMA’s India pavilion at the exhibition was inaugurated by Consul General Shri Sailas Thangal on 16th May 2017, who also interacted with AIPMA officials and the Indian exhibitors. AIPMA, in partnership with the China Plastics Industry Associations, organised a large B2B event on 17th May, which was attended by the Indian exhibitors and more than 400 representatives of plastics industry companies in China.
Visit of Consul General Mr. Sailas Thangal to Kunming (20-21 April, 2017)
Road Show on "Textile India-2017" organised at Dongguan on 29th March, 2017
Go India : India-China Trade, Investment and Tourism Seminar at Xiamen on 17 March, 2017
Consulate organised an event titled 'Go India: India-China Trade, Investment and Tourism Seminar' at Xiamen on 17 March, 2017.
Performance by A to Z Bollywood dance troupe at Fuzhou
Consulate organised Indian Cultural Nite at Fuzhou with performances by A to Z Bollywood Dance Troupe from India on 13 March, 2017.
Besides Fuzhou, the dance troupe also performed at the Great Indian Mela organised at the iconic Canton Tower in Guangzhou on 11 March, 2017 and at Shunde on 12 March, 2017 where their performances were widely appreciated by the audience.
Performance by "A to Z" Bollywood dance troupe at Shunde
The Consulate General of India, Guangzhou organized a dance performance in Shunde on 12.03.2017. The dance perofrmances were performed by "A to Z" Bollywood Group, a dance troupe from India and were widely apprecited by the audience.
Great Indian Mela (2nd Edition) organised at Canton Tower on 11th March, 2017
Consulate organises 'Know India Tourism Seminar' at Guangzhou on 23 February 2017
2. The seminar was attended by senior officials from Guangzhou Tourism Bureau led by its Deputy Director General, Mr. Chen Yongliang, officials from Guangzhou Tourism Bureau and Guangdong Tourism Administration, representatives of media organisations, business houses, India Tourism Office in Beiing, PR agency, distinguished Indian community members, around 180 travel agents from all over China, representatives from airlines such as Jet Airways, Cathay Pacific, Go Air and China Southern and also leading Indian tour operators participating in our pavilion at Guangzhou International Travel Fair 2017.
3. Addressing the gathering, Consul General gave an overview of India’s rich and cultural heritage, history and civilization, fauna & flora, hill stations, back water, temples and an array of UNESCO World Heritage Sites and invited to visit India’s wonderful touristic destinations.
4. Mr. Chen Yongliang, Deputy Director General of Guangzhou Tourism Bureau and the Chief Guest of the Seminar in his speech dwelled on the need for greater tourist flow between the two countries highlighting Guangzhou’s own touristic destinations. He referred to the ancient historical and cultural relations between the two countries and urged tour operators from both India and China to provide information on the touristic destinations of both countries so that more and more people to people exchanges take place.
5. The seminar included presentations on touristic destinations of various states including J&K, Gujarat, Rajasthan, North East, Kerala etc, Buddhist circuit, health and wellness tourism, adventure tourism, luxury and hospitality sector, Indian handicrafts, sector-wise opportunities available in India’s booming tourism market, helpline launched by Ministry of Tourism, information on simplified visa procedures including eTourist Visa scheme (this also included recent announcement made by Ministry of tourism to provide SIM cards to eTV holders), Q&A, B2B meetings and raffle draw of 1 return ticket to India sponsored by Jet Airways with an Indian tour operator supplementing this by providing accommodation and transport to the winner.
6. Consulate proposes to organize its next seminar titled ‘India-China Trade, Investment and Tourism Seminar’ in cooperation with CCPIT Xiamen and the Tourism Bureau of Xiamen in Xiamen on 17th March, 2017.
India Diamond Week at Guangzhou
Consul General Mr. Y.K. Sailas Thangal inaugurated the ‘India Diamond Week’ on 20 February, 2017 at Panbao Jewelry Trading Centre in Daluotang. The event is being organized under the aegis of Gem & Jewellery Export Promotion Council (GJEPC) of India with participation from over 10 companies from India.